12th Grade Masthead Image

12th Grade

As a senior, you should be well on your way to understanding what types of accommodations work best for you and how to ensure that you receive them. You should also begin thinking about what accommodations you will need in college to address bigger lecture halls, more ambient noise. As you continue visiting colleges, try to sit in on a class or two, especially in a larger lecture hall to get a sense of what is most challenging for you and how you can address it. You can also use this information and information about what accommodations a college can provide when you make your final decision about what school admission offer to accept.

If you have an IEP or Section 504 plan, you should take a very active role during the meetings. You senior year is also the best time to update your IEP or Section 504 plan because your college may use this information as documentation to provide accommodations.