As a sophomore, you have plenty of time to research colleges and figure out what accommodations work for you academically.
Here are some common accommodations you might want to request:
- Closed captioning on videos
- Copies of the notes or PowerPoints from the class
You can also set up a meeting with your teachers to ask them to specifically:
- Use as many visual supports as possible
- Write down all assignments/tests on a board, handout, or online
- Face the class when speaking
If you have an IEP or Section 504 plan, you can also begin participating in the meetings if you have not yet done so. Now is a good time to familiarize yourself with the process of educational goal-setting and accommodation selection.